A factsheet for parents
This factsheet highlights the importance of transition to adulthood in the lives of children with learning difficulties in Wales. It provides information about what is involved and helps you navigate and access the information, support and resources that are available.
- What is transition and why is it important?
- Why it’s important to manage your child’s transition
- How to develop a transition strategy
- What happens if your child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs
- What is a Learning Support Plan?
- Parental Responsibility/Mental Capacity Act 2005
- What must public bodies do