Social Care in Wales

Guide | Legal Social and Financial

A guide for parents

As the parent or carer of a disabled child you need to know the support you are entitled to in getting help for your child’s social care needs. Our guide outlines exactly what social care the local authorities in Wales are responsible for and the support that is available to you as a parent or carer. We have also created a guide for parents and carers in England.

Gofal Cymdeithasol yng Nghymru

Mae ein canllaw ar gael yn y Gymraeg

Social Care in Wales - Cerebra the charity for children with brain conditions
First published 2017. This edition 2017. Review date 2020.

How helpful was this information?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

This information was produced under the terms of our information production process.

Related Downloads

Social Care in England - Cerebra the charity for children with brain conditions

Social Care in England

This guide has been prepared for parents of disabled children in England who want to know how to get help for their child’s social care needs.

Make a Donation

Please help support our vital work that enriches the lives of thousands of children and their families every day.

Cerebra Count Me In Lottery

Count Me In Lottery

Taking part in our ‘Count Me In’ Lottery is a wonderful way to make a real difference to children with brain conditions and their families. It also means you are in with a chance to win our big weekly prize.

Sleep Service

Sleep Advice Service


Legal Rights Service

Parent Guides

Parent Guides

Cerebra Innovation Centre

Cerebra Innovation Centre


Toy and Book Library