Would you like to work for Cerebra and help us make a real difference?
We are always keen to be joined by dynamic new staff. If you would like a job that is meaningful and rewarding, you can find a list of roles we are currently looking to fill here.
You can also consider volunteering.
Part time 16 hours/ week
Annual Leave: 29 days (pro rata)
Cerebra is the charity dedicated to helping families with children with brain conditions discover a better life together.
As the Library Assistant you will be assisting the Cerebra Librarian and provide administrative support.
If you wish to informally discuss the post with our Librarian, please email Janet Pugh ([email protected]).
We offer a part-time salary of £7,438.08 pa, 29 days leave per annum granted pro rata, flexible working and a pension scheme. This job is based in our Carmarthen Office. Cerebra has made every reasonable effort to reduce workplace risk of Covid-19 to the lowest reasonably practicable level by taking preventative measures to ensure our employees can work safely.
Applications should be made in the form of a current CV and covering letter that explains how you meet the person specification and why you are interested in the position. Completed applications should be sent to Janet Pugh at the email address above.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 5th April 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 14th April 2021
Cerebra is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. We also welcome applications from people with a neurodevelopmental disorder. Suitable employment/character references will be sought.
Fundraising Call Centre Agent
We are looking for enthusiastic, sociable and energetic call centre agents for our in-house, outbound, fundraising campaigns.
As a Cerebra Fundraising Agent you will communicate with supporters via live chat to provide charity updates and obtain donations. Your efforts will mean Cerebra can carry out life-changing research and we keep providing the services that guide families through their daily challenges and let them know they’re not alone.
- A confident conversationalist and patient listener to get the most from the call, build rapport with Cerebra’s supporters and encourage donations
- An ability to empathise with supporters and families
- Good objection handling skills to respond in a way that alleviates concerns and allows the call to move forward in a constructive and inspiring way
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and self-assured personality to represent the charity in a positive manner
- One year telesales/customer service experience will be very desirable
- You should live within a 30 mile (approx.) radius of Cerebra head office in Carmarthen.
- Have access to your own mobile phone. This is for security access to our secure systems and you will not incur any costs.
- Good internet download and upload speeds to be able to work from home.
What we offer you
- An hourly rate which meets the National Living Wage. Paid breaks.
- Working from home allowance
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible, multi-shift patterns over six days
- 29 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Provision of IT Kit
- Full training and daily support
Closing date for applications is Friday 27th November 2020.
Email your CV to: [email protected]
Post your CV to: Annaleigh Williams, Call Centre Manager, The MacGregor Office Suite, Jolly Tar Lane, Carmarthen, SA31 3LW.