Would you like to work for Cerebra and help us make a real difference?
We are always keen to be joined by dynamic new staff. If you would like a job that is meaningful and rewarding, you can find a list of roles we are currently looking to fill here.
You can also consider volunteering.
Cerebra Innovation Centre (CIC) is looking for a new Furniture/product maker/designer
Hands on workshop maker required to be part of a dynamic and creative design and make team. Working for the charity Cerebra, the team design and make bespoke products and prototypes for children with brain conditions. We love what we do and believe passionately in making products for children that enhance their lives and give them something to be proud of. You will need the same passion.
Positivity, creativity, inventiveness, ingenuity, can-do-attitude, above-and-beyond are the things we do and are required to make this happen.
We are looking for the same in an enthusiastic new team member. You will be rewarded with smiles.
We are looking for a confident and proficient workshop team member. The role will be to assist the designer makers in the workshop covering all aspects of the build and fabrication using CNC machining, 3D printing, traditional woodwork (natural timber, ply, Valchromat), wood finishing, fibreglass, carbon fibre, welding on occasion. The understanding of CNC operation is crucial in this job roll as this machine is vital to the role. There is no “normal” in our work, but typical products might be a variety of adaptive furniture, daily living aids, sports equipment and learning and musical devices. We respond creatively to requests from parents and carers when a product is not available on the market to suit the needs of a child. Often a single product is required, although production runs of up to 50 units are expected.
You should be willing to learn about our products and methods, and fit into a small and adaptable team. Whilst your role will largely centre on workshop production you should be flexible and willing to learn, participate and feed back into the design process, help with problem solving and be proficient in wide ranging materials for a variety of bespoke creative solutions.
You will be based in CIC offices at the University of Wales Trinity St David (UWTSD) Swansea.
You will report to the Product Design Manager within CIC and to the Head of Research and Information in Cerebra. You will be part of a small but tenacious team who develop products on a very small scale that help their users in daily activities whilst ensuring inclusion into society as much as possible. The team is small; you will play a big role in a tight team who punch above their weight.
We have fun and enjoy our work. We create interesting things which enrich lives. You will too. If that is you, get in touch.
We offer a salary of £22,000 per annum for the ideal candidate, 29 days leave per annum and a pension scheme. This is a full-time post.
If you wish to informally discuss the post please email Dr Ross Head [email protected]
Applications should be made in the form of a current CV, covering letter and examples of your design work, addressed and emailed to Dr Ross Head, that explains how you meet the person specification and why you are interested in the position.
• Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 15th October 2021
• Interviews: Wednesday 3rd November 2021 in Swansea.
Cerebra is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. A DBS check may be required and Cerebra will ask for details of any previous criminal convictions. Cerebra may make enquiries via social media sites, at our discretion, whilst acknowledging our obligations under Data Protection and discrimination requirements.
Fundraising Call Centre Agent
We are looking for enthusiastic, sociable and energetic call centre agents for our in-house, outbound, fundraising campaigns.
As a Cerebra Fundraising Agent you will communicate with supporters via live chat to provide charity updates and obtain donations. Your efforts will mean Cerebra can carry out life-changing research and we keep providing the services that guide families through their daily challenges and let them know they’re not alone.
- Eligibility Criteria
- A confident conversationalist and patient listener to get the most from the call, build rapport with Cerebra’s supporters and encourage donations
- An ability to empathise with supporters and families
- Good objection handling skills to respond in a way that alleviates concerns and allows the call to move forward in a constructive and inspiring way
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and self-assured personality to represent the charity in a positive manner
- One year telesales/customer service experience will be very desirable
- You should live within a 30 mile (approx.) radius of Cerebra head office in Carmarthen.
- Have access to your own mobile phone. This is for security access to our secure systems and you will not incur any costs.
- Good internet download and upload speeds to be able to work from home.
What we offer you
- An hourly rate which meets the National Living Wage. Paid breaks.
- Working from home allowance
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible, multi-shift patterns over six days
- 29 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Provision of IT Kit
- Full training and daily support
Email your CV to: anna[email protected]
Post your CV to: Annaleigh Williams, Call Centre Manager, The MacGregor Office Suite, Jolly Tar Lane, Carmarthen, SA31 3LW.