A factsheet for parents
This factsheet highlights the importance of transition to adulthood in the lives of children with learning difficulties in England. It provides information about what is involved and helps you navigate and access the information, support and resources that are available.
- What is transition and why is it important?
- Why it’s important to manage your child’s transition
- How to develop a transition strategy
- What happens if your child has an Education Health and Care (EHC) Plan?
- Parental Responsibility/Mental Capacity Act 2005
- What must public bodies do
We would like to thank the National Lottery Community Fund for providing us with funding to update this guide.