We are holding a conference on “Legal Entitlements and Problem Solving for Disabled People, their Families and Carers”.
19 November 2019 10am – 3.30pm (registration 9.30)
St George’s Centre, 60 Great George Street, Leeds, LS1 3DL
The aim of the conference is to identify and discuss commonly occurring problems in accessing key legal rights to health and social care – and how these can be addressed.
The plan for the day is as follows:
Short updates with discussion on current/ completed research projects including:
- Home adaptations: research with the Access Committee for Leeds;
- Home to school transport;
- Direct payment rates and conditions;
- Practical approaches to resolving commonly occurring health and social care difficulties;
- Charging and ‘disability related expenses’;
- Social services assessments of disabled children.
The failings of the social services complaints’ process: delay, ineffective remedies and the local government ombudsman – research findings and discussion.
Lunch break (lunch provided)
An open session to identify and discuss future research priorities.
This event is free. To book and for any questions, please contact Dr Ana Aiello [email protected].