Mind The Gap – Wednesday 17th January 2024 from 6:00pm until 9:00pm
A FREE online event for professionals, parents and carers of any Young Person with Additional Learning Needs and/or a disability accessing Further Education in Wales (14+).
MIND THE GAP
• Are you a parent or carer wanting to know more about the new Additional Learning Needs (ALN) system in Wales?
• Would you like an opportunity to take your views and experiences of the new ALN system, directly to the Welsh Government?
• Would you like to meet and talk about your experiences of education with other parents and carers of youn people with ALN and disabilities
What this session will cover
• How do I know if my young person has ALN?
• From SEN to ALN – what changes are happening?
• What does the law say?
• What are my rights?
• How can I challenge decisions or appeal?
• What does the Education Tribunal for Wales do?
• Where can I get free, accurate and impartial information?
• Fact checker – bring your experiences of the new ALN system, we will provide information and understanding.
• Meet other parents and carers and share your stories
• Access FREE, impartial information from the SNAP Cymru team
• Information and comments gathered from these sessions, will be taken directly back to the Welsh Government ALN team –choose whether you want to give your contact details or not.